Welcome to

Words and Moments

A blog by Rio de Vera Saved by grace through faith Heaven Shipper, Joy bearer

HE IS RISEN

  • April 16, 2017
  • by


What a grief it might have caused to be having to face the confusion and darkness of Jesus’ death. I can even imagine myself at the foot of the cross silently wishing for Him to open up His eyes and look at me with love once again.

What did just happen?

Were these all true?

Was it just a dream?

They took His body down and the guards together with all of the heavens pronounced Him as dead. The world fell at His feet dark, silent and shaking.

I forcefully open the box of memories I have with Him that I have treasured upon my heart to be able to remember and have on replay the moments we shared and the words He just said. I need something to hold on to, to get me through all these. I need to remember Him.


“A little while longer and the world will see Me no more…
John 14:19a


Absence is haunting once felt. When a person is there saying goodbye, we tend to take it lightly because of the presence that is still there, but once their absence starts sinking in. It’s one of life’s horrific moments we tend to excuse ourselves out of.

To lose the presence of someone I have anchored my life into; someone I’ve spent my life with for the last years, changing my every perspective, making me see and do wonders; in His absence, how am I supposed to start again?


but you will see Me.
John 14:19b


Thankfully, we have a comforting God who gives us peace in times of our loneliness and confusion. When the world seems to be falling apart, dark and silent in all its ignorance, it is in His words where we can find hope to keep going on, to understand that though sorrow may come for a night, there is always joy in the morning. Joy in God’s perfect timing.


Because I live, you will live also.
John 14:19c


Resurrection Sunday reminds us of a covenant promise-fulfilling God. A God that never leaves us out of darkness, a God that endures death to be able to bear the pain I can’t afford to have upon myself so He can reconcile me back to Him; a God that walks out of His grave three-days after; waving the victorious flag of life.

Because He lives, I shall live also.

I will carry the story of His love and faithfulness all the days of my life. 


Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna Veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

WORDS AND MOMENTS
California

SEND ME A MESSAGE